Santa Clara, CA
Minimum of 10 years
Email Resume to: HR@IESengineering.net
Read, analyze and interpret project documents, instructions, proposals, specifications and other data to obtain a clear understanding of requirements for projects within the semiconductor, pharmaceutical, biotech industries, petroleum and related industries. Supervise, direct and mentor and train (if needed) associate engineers and designers during day-to-day design efforts. Perform engineering calculations. Design and specify mechanical, process and plumbing systems including equipment selection. Develop basis of design, complete equipment data sheets, write equipment/construction specifications and sequence of operations for complex mechanical and process systems. Responsibilities also include coordinating system design to ensure continuity with other disciplines. Work within or lead a multidisciplinary team and act as the project manager as needed.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- B.S degree in Chemical Engineering
- P.E. license in the state of California, or the ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months of employment if licensed outside of California is preferred.
- United States citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and able to work effectively on multiple projects with mechanical, process and electrical engineers in order to support industrial facility design efforts.
- Perform duties using sound judgment and solid engineering principles.
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with clients, vendors, and colleagues.
- Possess strong computer skills utilizing MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project; experience with Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD and/or REVIT a plus.
- 10 years of Experience in designing process and mechanical systems such as high purity gas and liquid delivery systems, sanitary and hygienic piping and equipment, HVAC, purified water and steam systems, scrubber systems and similar systems for the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, semiconductor, related industries.
- Professional knowledge of the International Mechanical and Plumbing Codes, a working knowledge of International Building and Fire Codes as well as knowledgeable of state and local codes
- Professional knowledge of properties and chemical capabilities of materials of construction, and a working knowledge of current engineering standards as well as federal, state and local codes and ordinances.
- Creativity, and the ability to work with minimal supervision are desired.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage, as well as 401(k) retirement and profit sharing programs.