Santa Clara, California
Minimum of 10 years
Email Resume to: HR@IESengineering.net
Reads, analyzes and interprets project documents, instructions, proposals, specifications, and other important information to obtain a clear understanding of the project requirements for the semiconductor, pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries. Supervise, direct, mentor and train (if needed) associate engineers and designers during day-to-day design efforts. Performs engineering calculations, equipment selection and design of electrical power systems. Develops Basis of Design, one-line drawings, panel schedules, Equipment data sheets, Equipment/Construction specifications, and Sequence of Operations for Electrical systems. Responsibilities also include coordinating system design to ensure continuity with other disciplines. Act as project manager as needed.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering · P.E. license in the state of Georgia, or the ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months of employment if licensed outside of Georgia.
- United States citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and able to work effectively on multiple projects with multiple disciplines in order to support industrial facility design efforts.
- Perform duties using sound judgment and solid engineering principles.
- Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate with people of all levels of the company as well as customers, vendors, and contractors.
- 10 years minimum experience in designing Medium and Low Voltage (480V & 120V) power distribution for normal, emergency, uninterruptible power distribution systems, and lighting systems and controls for the Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical, Petroleum or related industries.
- Professional knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), as well as working knowledge of the International Building Code, International Fire Code, and NFPA guidelines.
- Creativity, and the ability to work with minimal supervision are desires.
- Experience in electrically classified locations including Class 1, Division 1 and Division 2, Class 2 Division 1 and Division 2 and toxic gas environments is desirable.
- Experience with Instruments and Controls including PLCs is desirable.
- Experience in fire alarm system design.
- Experience in low voltage systems in hospitals.
- High Voltage experience (12 & 21KV) is desirable.
- Must have computer skills utilizing MS Office products (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Have familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit and Bluebeam Revu.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage, as well as 401(k) retirement and profit sharing programs.