MGC Pure Chemicals specializes in purification of bulk hydrogen peroxide and ammonium hydroxide. With a fast-track design-build approach the MPC design team created a fully operational new manufacturing plant in Killeen, Texas in just over a year.
MGC Pure Chemicals (Mitsubishi) Texas Plant
Client: MGC Pure Chemicals (Mitsubishi)
Location: Killeen, Texas
Team (Partners) Architect/GC: Gray, Inc. Mechanical Contractor: Kinetics
Project Duration Design & Permit: 5 months Construction: 9 months
Project Valuation >$10 Million
- HVAC and Plumbing Engineering by IES for design build mechanical contractor.
- 30,000 sq. ft spread over 4 new buildings. Mix of H-3/F-1/B occupancies.
- Designed new facility support systems including:
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning systems for H-3 manufacturing spaces, analytical lab, Class 1,000 cleanroom, utility spaces, and supporting office spaces.
- Exhaust systems
- Chilled water system
- Plumbing systems including site utilities coordination with civil engineer
- IES provided guidance and expertise with mechanical HVAC and plumbing systems during design, allowing the design-build mechanical contractor could focus their design/modeling efforts on supporting the process side.
- Compressed design-build schedule with an integrated modeling collaboration approach with design-build contractor.
- Collaborated during the design process to develop an agreement on materials and equipment submittals to compress schedule for construction.
- Developed commissioning plan for HVAC systems during design phase.
- Provided construction support services including writing detailed test and air balancing and startup procedures for the custom cleanroom HVAC system.