IES designed a wastewater treatment plant for two separate sites including vacuum distillation systems. One of the sites included a recycled water system to send the recovered water to the cooling tower for reuse.
Confidential Client in Silicon Valley Wastewater Treatment and Recycling
Client: Confidential Client
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Wastewater System: Wastech Mechanical Contractors: Therma; Murray
Project Duration Design & Permit: 5 months Construction: 3 months
Project Valuation Site 1: $2.5 M Site 2: $1.5 M
- IES was the prime design consultant from project conception, ROM estimating and payback analysis, through project completion for both sites.
- Both sites were previously collecting and off-hauling their metallic waste streams and spending over $1,000,000 per year on those costs.
- Site 1 design for 2,000 gallon per day batch system with pH adjust, vacuum distillation, and recycled water systems.
- Site 2 design for 1,500 gallon per day batch vacuum distillation system.
- After installation of the systems IES designed, both sites are recovering more than 80% of their wastewater as distilled water.
- One of the sites includes controls and piping needed to recycle the water by sending the distilled water directly to the cooling tower.
- Process, Process Piping, and Hazardous Materials Design.
Process Controls collaboration with design build process control contractor.
- Validation and proof of concept for selected wastewater system
- Wastewater survey of all lab users to understand current and future wastewater constituents
- Write wastewater sampling plan and review sampling results
- Samples tested in benchtop test for proof of concept prior to detailed design commencing
- IES design for pressure testing integrated into equipment
- Participated in “What-If” hazard analysis and wastewater application with Client’s EH&S representative.
- Attend factory acceptance test of equipment on behalf of Client.
- Detailed sequences of operation detailing every aspect of the system operation to assure smooth startup and commissioning activities.