Install Seki Plasma CVD Reactor within Kemper Hall engineering lab and SMI MOCVD Reactor in Chemistry Annex building to study III-nitride film growth and the kinetic and thermodynamic factors of the growth, as well as other applications and processes.
UC Davis Kemper Engineering & Physics Lab
Client: UC Davis
Location: Davis, California
Architect: DGA Architects
Project Duration Design & Permit: 3 mo. Construction: 12 mo. 2017-2018
- Install Veeco D180 MOCVD reactor using both silicon and sapphire substrates.
- Install SMI MOCVD Reactor to pursue research and development studies.
- Design upgrades to existing labs and building utility and exhaust systems to facilitate the installation of the reactors within existing older lab buildings.
- IES provided complete MEP design to meet tool installation requirements including challenging HVAC and exhaust within highly congested older lab building.
- Design process and utility piping systems for SMI MOCVD Reactor, including H2, Ar, CH4, CO2, O2, CDA and UN2.
- Design electrical systems for SMI MOCVD Reactor installation, including new 208V and 120V panels.
- Design process and utility piping systems for Diamond MOCVD Reactor with point-of-use purifiers, including H2, Ar, CH4, TMB/H2 and TMP/H2, CDA and UN2.
- Design electrical systems for Diamond CVD Reactor installation, including new 208V and 120V panels.
- Design gas and life safety system gas monitoring, alarms and shut-off interlocks.
- Design gas and life safety system gas monitoring, alarms and shut-off interlocks for both labs.
Install Proton G4800 laboratory hydrogen gas generator within the Chemistry Annex building to support the SMI MOCVD Reactor.
- Install Proton H6 hydrogen gas generator within the Kemper Hall lab to support the diamond CVD Reactor.
- Install Deltek gas abatement system within the Kemper Hall lab to support the diamond CVD Reactor.